University Mathematics Mentoring
I am qualified to teach you any maths course at university. Probably the best qualified person to mentor you through a maths degree or early maths career in all of NSW, will be able to prepare you for the road ahead and inform you of current opportunities you may be missing out on. I could also be a good practice for a supervisor student relationship if you are planning on an Honours thesis, Masters thesis or PhD.
- I am very familiar with university mathematics, have taught and researched in Universities all over the world for many years.
- I myself did my undergraduate and Masters at the University of Sydney and was in the Talented Student Program.
- I majored in Mathematics and Physics with Honours in pure maths, all High Distinctions in mathematics and the University Medal.
- I completed an accelerated Masters Thesis by Research in less than 6 months in 2009.
- I completed my Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at the University of Oregon in 2014 and was awarded the Boersting Prize for best graduate.
- I did research at the University of Muenster with a Postdoctoral Fellowship
- I also have several research publications.
- Volunteered to help struggling students after class at Hawkesbury campus Western Sydney University to revise basic maths they either missed from high school or had not touched up on in a long time. From this the following videos series was created:
Back to basic Maths! (www.udemy.com/quantitative-thinking)
$12.99 with coupon: HAWK22, proceeds go towards Maths education
- Tutorial Leader for Quantitative Thinking at Western Sydney University (Hawkesbury) 2018
- Lab Demonstrator for Quantatative Thinking at Western Sydney University (Paramatta and Hawkesbury) 2017
- Helping another student with DMT137, which has lead to:
- Helped a student pass Discrete Mathematics II (DMT237) at Macquarie University 2018
- Helped a student achieve Distinction in Discrete Mathematics I (DMT137) at Macquarie University 2017
- Helped a student achieve Distinction in Abstract Algebra at the University of Sydney 2017